Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
utah_nate

Supertrapp question

7 posts in this topic

When I purchased my XR6, it came with a disc style Supertrapp exhuast with a solid end-cap. For the time being I cannot afford to buy a "quieter" can.....What is the least number of disks that I can run? What effect will this have on jetting? Thanks....NATE

I wouldn't run any less than 8. Using any less really doesn't quiet it down all that much, plus you'll start to strangle power.

I wouldn't run any less than 8. Using any less really doesn't quiet it down all that much, plus you'll start to strangle power.

I have also found this to be the case. Yes, more discs open the exhaust more, also more exhaust noise.

I used to have a Supertrapp on my old XT600. No matter how many discs I ran it was loud. One weekend I popped the rivets off the can and looked at the packing material.

There wasn't any--it was all blown out.

Some new packing material, screws, and I could run 8-discs pretty quietly compared to previously.

"O"

1 person likes this

thats a good idea "O" i might have to look at my WB E2 now im running like 12 disc but id like to change it a bit when im in my hunting areas so ima look to see if my packing is toast too.

thats a good idea "O" i might have to look at my WB E2 now im running like 12 disc but id like to change it a bit when im in my hunting areas so ima look to see if my packing is toast too.

i just looked at my e2 . after 3k miles it still has most of the packing.