HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smackarock

Clutch problem XR650r

3 posts in this topic

I was riding in some soft like quicksand when my clutch stoped working, It would not disengage, so I still had a ways to go back to the truck so started riding and after some miles it started working for a while then it stoped working again, then again it started working, when it will not disengage the clutch feels and seems to be ok. Has anyone had this problem on a XR650r ?

I don’t know much about this but; I know that the 00 and 01 models are known to have a prone to fail clutch bushing. This could be your problem. I have a 02 that they say has an upgraded bushing. Maybe someone with a 00 or 01 would be able to explain this.

Originally posted by smackarock:

I was riding in some soft like quicksand when my clutch stoped working, It would not disengage, so I still had a ways to go back to the truck so started riding and after some miles it started working for a while then it stoped working again, then again it started working, when it will not disengage the clutch feels and seems to be ok. Has anyone had this problem on a XR650r ?

The clutch bushing is the problem. Do a search and you'll find lots of info. You can buy a bushing for a '02. Buy the nut too. The nut is staked in place and is not reusable. I spent about $20 total to update my '00 650R.

Hope this helps,