Clutch problem XR650r

I was riding in some soft like quicksand when my clutch stoped working, It would not disengage, so I still had a ways to go back to the truck so started riding and after some miles it started working for a while then it stoped working again, then again it started working, when it will not disengage the clutch feels and seems to be ok. Has anyone had this problem on a XR650r ?

I don’t know much about this but; I know that the 00 and 01 models are known to have a prone to fail clutch bushing. This could be your problem. I have a 02 that they say has an upgraded bushing. Maybe someone with a 00 or 01 would be able to explain this.

Originally posted by smackarock:

I was riding in some soft like quicksand when my clutch stoped working, It would not disengage, so I still had a ways to go back to the truck so started riding and after some miles it started working for a while then it stoped working again, then again it started working, when it will not disengage the clutch feels and seems to be ok. Has anyone had this problem on a XR650r ?

The clutch bushing is the problem. Do a search and you'll find lots of info. You can buy a bushing for a '02. Buy the nut too. The nut is staked in place and is not reusable. I spent about $20 total to update my '00 650R.

Hope this helps,