question on baja designs carb kit

What is included with this kit for $57.95 and is it what I need for removing the smog and a uni filter with the end cap off of the stock pipe. I am also thinking about pulling out the snorkle. Or would I be better off just going and getting a set of jets from the local Honda dealer?

Mine included 2 jets, a needle and a spring. I am using the needle and spring, but I went back to Kehin jets. Not the stock ones a little bigger.

As for the smog pump, you will need the smog block off kit from IMS. Or you could get some caps for the carb vacuum lines and make the covers for the head out of the tubing from the smog pump. Either way it’s easy.

I have the kit on my bike, i'm very pleased with the way the bike performs now.

I dont mean to hog your thread but i dont understand why everyone wants to take off the smog equiptment. It does nothing for performance if you take it off. Being away at school, I havent seen my bike very much this year but I believe that its there just like the evap system is on any vehicle now a days. Re-introducing Hydro-Carbon vapors into the intake to be re-burned in the combustion chamber. I personaly wouldnt spend the money on that block off kit but thats just me.

I aready have the block off kit waiting untill tomarrow to put it on. The Uni filter went on yesterday. (I would have put on the smog block off kit but I missplaced my ratchet that I needed so that was out. just bougt a new and ready to go) I will probably do the snorkle also tomarrow. I went to the local shop and tryed to buy a set of jets 158/55s but they had to order them. I did manage to round up a 158. Think that will work or should I do them both at the same time. Even if I dont get any extra power from the smog off I want it off just because uncle sames says that I have to have it ? and I dont like the idea of the canister right behind the tire. Thanks for the help

I have the kit on my bike, i'm very pleased with the way the bike performs now.

I dont mean to hog your thread but i dont understand why everyone wants to take off the smog equiptment. It does nothing for performance if you take it off. Being away at school, I havent seen my bike very much this year but I believe that its there just like the evap system is on any vehicle now a days. Re-introducing Hydro-Carbon vapors into the intake to be re-burned in the combustion chamber. I personaly wouldnt spend the money on that block off kit but thats just me.

I hate the POPing sound it makes, and it takes 5lbs of weight of the bike. Not to mention removes tons of clutter making it easier to work on the bike. I bet removing it also allows for better air flow through the engine to keep the beast at decent temps.

Its free is you make your own, I don’t think the kit is worth the 30-50 bucks. But I definitely recommend removing the air pump. Just so you can work on the bike.

Either way it does nothing for performance so why not get rid of it. ?