HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xr650LMartin

650L cold starts??

2 posts in this topic

I tried to start my L this morning and I had a hard time! I applied full choke, two primer shots and hit start! I started right away but stalled 2 mins later! The only way to get it started again was to pump 3 primer shots and it would only run for 10 secs as if it was only burnin the gas from the primer shots I gave! I pumped like 15 primer shots and with WOT it started and I revved it a little to keep it from stallin. Its pretty cold here (35 F) Could it be oil im usin?? Did that happened to anyone??

OK ok I found what was wrong!! There was to little gas left in the tank and a lot of condensation formed in due to drastics temp changes! I managed to start it and it bogged all the way to gas station, Filled it with premium and it runs like new!!