HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MxnDoc

Carb tune settings for JD kit and FMF-Q pipe?

2 posts in this topic

Could anyone give me some feed back on the recommended settings (main jet, pilotjet, accel -pump needle position) for a '03 WR450F with a JD kit and FMF -Q pipe at 1500' to 2500' feet? any advice is appreciated.My current settings are below. :cry: :cry:

You are there. You may want to run the main down to a 165. I go to the 170 for winter riding. Note that air box mods lower your main jet! If you cut out holes or increase air intake capabilities on the airbox and run a twin air filter your main will need to drop. If you are not cutting out at 3/4 to full throttle before hitting the rev limiter your 170 main should be fine. Put a 72 starter jet in for the fall and winter. makes life easy starting the cold bike. :cry: