HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bansheefreak

lighting my yzf400

6 posts in this topic

what do i need to do to my yzf400 motor to be able to run lights??? i have it in an atv and like to ride at night in the dunes...

There isn't an easy (cheap) solution for the YZF.

http://www.rickystator.com/pages/Lighting%20systems.html

http://www.bajadesigns.com/

and there are a few others. The YZFs don't have a stator in them to support battery and lighting. You have to buy the conversion stator and a lighting kits. Which makes the price double of other bikes.

Let me know if you find a kit under $500 for everything.

You need to call www.electrexusa.com For $300 you get a wr stator and flywheel that will work with the yz CDI. All you then need is a headlight and voltage regulator. Maybe $100 for both. The stator puts out 130 watts.

well i'm not looking to spend 500 bucks for lights... so i have a spot for a mc battery ,,, how long do you think lights would last on a battery with no charging system????

I really wouldn't go the way of the batery. If there is any way possible go with the lighting coil. It is so much better in hte long run. I tried to go the cheep way before I got this coil and ended up with the wr setup. Look around sometimes you can find them used here or on e-bay.

And new it wouldnt be $500 for the stator/flywheel/headlight/voltage regualator. Probably just under $400. and if you shop around for a used stator/flywheel maybe you can stay under $300