HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coopou812

Would you trade up?

3 posts in this topic

I’m debating on whether on not I should trade up for a 05 WR450. I bought my first dirt bike (KLX 300R) in May, and I only have a couple hundred miles on it. I chose the bike because I needed to finance it, it had a green sticker, and the price was right. Now the WR450 gets a green sticker. If I trade in my current bike I’m going to lose a bunch of money. If I keep my old bike I’m going to have to spend a bunch of money on suspension, exhaust , pegs, bar, etc… I’m thinking the WR would be better off the show room floor, with more power, then whatever money I dump into to the KLX. Can I afford it? Not really. Am I getting any younger? No. What would you do?

I think that your the only one who can answer that question. None of us know about your personal life. Sounds like it's a good time to sit down with a piece of paper and weigh things out. :cry:

Yes, I would. I was in the same pickle with my WR426, I just wanted e start (I'm getting lazy in my old age)the better ergos, and a little more grunt.

Sell your bike outright if you can. Dirt bikes are pretty cheap in the scheme of things. The WR will really open your eyes.......then peel them back over your head. She's a beast.