HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyclenut51

Need input on D/S 600/650

2 posts in this topic

Hey Thumpster,

I'm a former owner of a '93 XR650L with 15-20lb weight trimming, Pirelli tires, jetting/exhaust, etc. It was comfy on the street, and survived at Budds Creek Motocross Park, Maryland (although I don't recommend it for MX). I found it to be very capable- I only sold it because I gave up on street riding entirely. Me wife LOVED that bike. Not only was she a happy passenger, she also rode it with ME on the back. I believe you can find these early versions ('93 was the first) for around $2000. Pay attention to oil consumption, and be sure to richen the main jet 20 pts when you remove the oxygen canister. It's a great bike for dual sport. PM me for details if you want.

'01 YZ250F 49T, SDG seat, Vortex on the way

'99 BBR custom CR125/XR220 (wife's)

'02 TTR125L BBR everything

'02 TTR125L BBR everything (wife's) :D:)

Hello

I'm looking into a dual sport XL/XR 600/650 to cruise the back roads with my wife this summer. The usage would be 70% street/30%Dirt. Years ago I owned an '84 XR 500 and liked the bike except for the weight in the tight woods!

My questions are:

1. How are your older mid '80's to '90's XRs/XLs holding up?

2. How is parts availability on the '80s models?

I have my YZ 400F for the woods so that area is covered. I don't want to buy a new Honda , that's why I'm looking at older machines.

Your input is much appreciated, thank you.

:)