Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter_Searle

Weight comparison Yamaha/Honda/KTM

5 posts in this topic

Are the so called 'dry' weights as shown on web sites for the Yamaha WR450 (244 lb), KTM 450 EXC (250 lb 'race ready no fuel') and the Honda CRF450X (2005 model - 255 lb) correct and can they be compared as 'apples with apples'? If not do u know the true weights?

stock,oiled up and without gas my 04 wr450 weighed 269 lbs! the dry weight yamaha offers is without tires is what i understand :cry: and after serious weight removal(starter,battery alot of other uneeded junk) i've got mine down to 253 without gas alot lighter but it's still no lightweight! :cry:

i've got mine down to 253 without gas alot lighter but it's still no lightweight! :cry:

define "lightweight"... the it's-supposed-to-be-really-light honda CRF250X weighs between 253 and 267 when in ready-to-ride condition w/ gas.

see the info and pics halfway down this thread:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1403886/

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Thanx for the replies. I guess I am a bit obsessed by weight because I seem to be picking my bike up on the side of hills more often than others.

i've got mine down to 253 without gas alot lighter but it's still no lightweight! :cry:

define "lightweight"... the it's-supposed-to-be-really-light honda CRF250X weighs between 253 and 267 when in ready-to-ride condition w/ gas.

see the info and pics halfway down this thread:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1403886/

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f....... well let me put it this way the wr 450's weight is very apparant on the last lap of a harescrambles,even with the weight down to 253 without gas(and that is an actual weight weighed on a beam scale)this bike feels heavier than some other bikes i've ridden that were 20 lbs more! it must be thier high center. but it is way better than it was! my next bike will probly be a yzf 450 as soon as they come out with the aluminum frame. i think the rekluse will make up for the lack of a low 1st gear. and throw on some flywheel weight maybe a cam change it'd be good to go!

:cry: