Tire Pressure...

Okay, I guess I've been out of the loop too long....what's a good front/rear tire pressure for desert terrain/dual sport....??? I've already ordered some DOT tires and plan on putting in some Moose HD tubes...

I run 15 to 17 psi in sandy desert conditions and a little more if pounding rocks to avoid pinches, don't know what type of bike you use but this works well on the XR 600. Good luck

I agree with Wilson, but you can increase the pressure to 20-25 for road/hard surfaces, especially if you ride a larger,heavier bike.

13-14 front, 17-18 rear.

I run Michelin Air-Stop heavy duty tubes.

Also, I have added heavy duty slime to both tires.

8 oz front, 12 oz rear.

I run 16 in the front and 15 in the rear for almost all conditions. Do you spend a lot of time on the street? If not, I wouldn't even bother with DOT legal tires. At best, they're marginal.

My father and i run 13 front and rear for the most part. I really like the feel of 11.5 to 12 in the front but i tend to crack a lot of front rims at this pressure.

On big bore bikes we run 18-20 in the front and 15-18 in the rear with 140-80x18 and 120/100x18's on the rear. If your riding mostly slow speeds you can go a little lower. The rocks are the tire and rim killers at speed.

Slime works for nails and cactus but just makes a mess with rim pinches.