Rotor Puller for WR, size needed

OK, trying to order a puller for the rotor on my 04 WR450F, I can find plenty of them, but they dont sell them by application, ie "fits 04 WR450F", just thread size, ie 20mmX1.5 etc. Does anyone have the thread pitch or even a brand with a part number? I like to have these "special service tools" on hand if I need to replace the starter clutch etc. Thanks! :cry:

look in the front of your manual. there is a section of special tools. the "rotor puller" is listed there and can be ordered from yamaha.

The part # for the 03 model is YM-04141. I would quess that it is the same for the 04 model.

Jim

the 03 puller is not the same as the 04 the yamaha puller(K&L) is not available until the end of oct. it took awhile but i found one that fits a suzuki 600 street bike(forgot what model) but the thread size is 33 X 1.5 mm RH if you can't find one i can hook you up with the feller i got mine from p.m. for details. i know this as first hand info so take it to the bank! :cry:

Thanks NC/MM, just ordered it from Dennis Kirk (#282033) so its coming now. Thanks :cry:

the 03 uses a 30X1mm thread. Mine is waiting for me to pick up at the dealer. They ordered it from K&L, I think it was a MP-61 pn. The flywheel has external threads, so the standard yamaha internal puller doesnt work.

OK, trying to order a puller for the rotor on my 04 WR450F, I can find plenty of them, but they dont sell them by application, ie "fits 04 WR450F", just thread size, ie 20mmX1.5 etc. Does anyone have the thread pitch or even a brand with a part number? I like to have these "special service tools" on hand if I need to replace the starter clutch etc. Thanks! :cry: