HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noteethleroy

long time no post, quiet pipe?

5 posts in this topic

Howdy, I haven't even visited this site in over a year, alots been happening. I moved, remodeled a mobile home and a house, landscaped .85 acres, and had a baby. Needless to say I haven't ridden my bike in about 6 months but I'm ready to jump back on it. My question is, has anyone come out with a decent quiet pipe in the year and half since I've looked for one? I have a canadian 2001 WR426 that has been completely YZified and 10 acres to build a track on, but don't want to upset my new neighbors any more than necessary. Right now I have a white brothers E series and that thing is way too loud even with the quiet insert. The stock exhaust is not an option because the stock canadian WR muffler is horrible(no removable insert). I would like something I can pass the USFS sound check with as I go to Stoneyford a couple times a year. Any ideas???

Hey Whats up Noteethleroy,

I would suggest you try the FMF Q pipe out. That should get you under 96db's.

You could also try to find a Stock USA pipe and add a GYTR or Promoto Billet end tip which will do the same. I have ridden a WR with all three. Each have their +'s and -'s but they all are under 96dbs.

Try ebay

Fryboy

This company called Quiet Products is selling a large diameter insert for US WR pipes. Supposed to flow better than GYTR because it's bigger and turns down on the end. www.quietiscool.com

I have a CRD pipe that is supposed to be 96db. It's louder than the GYRT setup, but much quieter that a USA stocker with no baffle.

If you need it really quiet, I agree a USA pipe with a GYRT or such. Look on ebay or maybe TT member for a stock USA pipe. Should be easy to find.

I have a stock pipe with a gytr insert. In great shape. Let me know if you want to buy it. :cry: