K&N air filter for yzf 450

Thanks for your input!! I have two of them on my quads and work great!Wasnt sure for the dirt bike.........I may just try one out...........Thanks Matt :cry:

I clean the twinairs with gas. look on twinairs site for the power kit, on that page they list the filter separately.

Here's a pic of it. The filter part number is 152313, you can either use their cage, or one from a yz125. It will fit the 450 too.

backfire%20cut-a-way.jpg

From the looks of it they added the backfire stuff and didnt replace the inner dense foam with it. I was under the impression it replaced it. Good to know that. Here's the llink to it, http://shop.twinairusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_9&products_id=263&osCsid=b56b056d54a13c57688ff51f974f8a18

never use gas -it will lesson the life of the filter -use Kerosene - it cleans just as good and will not eat up the filter - I run hwarm water thru it afterwards - works great! :cry:

bubbaandbee,

I felt the difference in throttle response, idle and up top running. Like I said... I don't have data to back up the "feeling". Perhaps the TwinAir I had was just at the end of it's life and needed to be replaced. But I do know that the performance is very good and cleanup with the K&N is 100% improvement over a foam filter. I'm not a pro,A-class or super talented rider/racer. For this hobby rider... K&N is the answer :cry:

Soap and water works great for foam filters and doesnt break down anything. Do it in the sink and leave the oil ring around the kitchen sink! It makes wives happy. :cry:

never use gas -it will lesson the life of the filter -use Kerosene - it cleans just as good and will not eat up the filter - I run hwarm water thru it afterwards - works great! :cry:

I have no problems with kerosene, but the gas has had zero affect on the filters. They have been on there for a year now, with 1 to 3 times a weekend wash in gas. I do rinse them well with water afterwards.

I have no problems with kerosene, but the gas has had zero affect on the filters. They have been on there for a year now, with 1 to 3 times a weekend wash in gas. I do rinse them well with water afterwards.