HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surf450

WATER IN AIR BOX

6 posts in this topic

My buddy has a lot of water in his air box after a long day of riding. We are not sure if it was from riding or washing it. Either way I was thinking that removing that collection thing on the bottom of his air box would be a good idea. Do you really need that when riding. I have seen posts where people will put paper towels in their box. I know it worries him that there was so much water. What to do?

mine stays pretty dry except when i get crazy with the pressure washer. i'd bet that is the culprit. i always open and dry out the airbox after washing.

at the bottom front there is that clear hose that is pinched off,throw it away and go to the honda dealer and get the one way drain tube(xr 600 had them) :cry:

Appreciate all the help, on the other note do you really need that little clear water / crud collector on that bike's air box. I tell my buddy to get rid of it, but he isn't sure if he should. I don't want to cause his bike to blow up, but I am convinced it can be done away with. My crf has a huge intake on the bottom of the air box. So if you know if that can be done away with let me know. Thanks

at the bottom front there is that clear hose that is pinched off,throw it away and go to the honda dealer and get the one way drain tube(xr 600 had them) :cry:

its only $4 and it lets the water out and not back in. if you go through mud or water crossings its not a good idea to just remove it and leave the hole open. with the honda tube if you were to get deep enough that the water comes over the top of the airbox it drains out but can't come back in(works just like a heart valve)