HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmw00

Got a Little Problem

6 posts in this topic

Let my baby sit a little long.... Went out to crank it up the other day, fired right up, let it run about 2 minutes, pushed in the cold start, put it in gear and the bike went dead.... have not been able to get it to start up since, will fire for about a second after about 10 kicks and goes dead again. I even get some loud backfires occasionally when kicking it.. What do you guys think fouled plug maybe? I have kicked the bike to death for a day and half with no luck any input would be greatly appreciated....

id be willing to bet your gas has gone stale, drain the fual and carb, fress gas and try again

what he said....but also a new plug like Ranger said.......

Certainly try all that first, however, sounds similar to the way mine did when an exhaust valve hung (and of course subsequently bent). Was running great, stopped it, couldn't ever start it again. Only a top-end teardown revealed the true problem.

Thanks guys I'll give it a try....Ranger from your signature name and your current location (Iraq) if you are currently there or already back home God's speed to you brother and thanks for all that you are doing or have already done!! :cry: