HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eagle426

1997 XR400

5 posts in this topic

I am selling a 1997 XR400. Bike looks GREAT and runs STRONG! Never raced, number plate numbers were for discussion only! White Brothers E-series exhaust , White Brothers clutch kit, Clarke 5 gallon tank, Acerbis plastic, Slik graphics kit, Uni air filter, airbox snorkel removed, carb is jetted, Renthal handlebars, Renthal grips, Acerbis rally pro handguards, Works Connection weld-on foot peg wideners, MSR folding shift lever , new chain and sprockets, Dunlop D756 tires, heavy duty tubes, new front and rear brake pads, new front and rear bearings, polished swingarm, works connection frame guards- polished, custom made 1/8 inch stainless steel skid plate - polished, engine side covers- polished, oil filter cover- polished, oil and filter changed often with Honda HP4 20w50 oil. Asking price $3500 (neg.) I am located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Here is a pic for you to see.

CLICK HERE- XR400.jpg

I second that , that is one sweet looking bike!!!!

You have given me an idea I might try to polish my Cases .

Why are you selling it ?What are you replacing it with ?

Who ever buys it will have one well looked after bike.

Dave

Hey!! What the hell happened to all the XR 660 pecker tracks on that machine!!

I purchased a 2002 WR426 to replace the XR400. I was looking into getting more out of the engine, but all my research shows that a weak bottom end and weak clutch will come into play. I really hated to lose the XR reliability! I have never seen another XR like it, thats for sure! The polish jobs really make it sharp. As a matter of fact, I have the top end torn down now to replace the rings and valve stem seals, just to assure the LUCKY purchaser is happy. Not to mention, I will sleep better knowing that I sold someone a solid machine all around.