HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
per_s

Cold start problem.

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I crashed a month ago and now I'm ready to jump back up in the saddle.

I washed the dirt off the bike and then I wanted to start the bike prior to adjusting the bars, decomp and the clutch that was moved out off position after the crash.

My problem was that the bike that usually starts on my first or second kick didn't want to start at all. After some twenty kicks or so (like an hour later) it ignited twice with five or so kicks inbetween. Still no start. After a few more kicks I had a exhaust bang, that happened three times.

What kind of problem do I have?

I do not use waterplug for the exhaust but I try to be careful with my waterhose.

Anyone...

:cry:

I'd start with the simple stuff first...try replacing the spark plug. It may look fine, but alot of times that cures the problem. Good luck! :cry:

Ya... and don't do what I just did. I put a brand new plug in my bike, then, Kicked and kicked and kicked. Yes it did start but after getting back to the garage I looked at the box the plug came in and realized I put the wrong plug in. :cry::cry::cry:

Dang I hate doing things twice. :cry:

Boyd