HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dustin_j_mcbride

triple clamps

6 posts in this topic

I just got my tax return yesterday and started searching the web for what I could buy for my 2001 XR400. I am leaning twards triple clamps. I can get top and bottom clamps from fmf for $136. (they are on sale I guess?) Does anyone have these on there bike? Does it help the front end out at all? Any info would be great thanks

Sorry I can't help, just wondering where you are at in Washington. I am in Camas, near Portland, but sometimes travel to NE Washingon. Maybe we can hook up if you are near. Ryan

I live in Sequim Washington on the olympic pennisula. It would be great to hook up and ride with ya. I have an aunt that lives in camas.

Sequim is an interesting place. We are riding the Fun Run up at Capitol. Are you going? There will be a group of us from Vancouver/Portland. How do you like the Vortip? Much difference from stock? I just ordered a Hot Tip and have changed from a Supertrapp back to stock. My recommendation on the triple clamp is spend money on Gold Valves first, or have you? They make a world of difference. Ryan

when is the ride at capital? I might go. I will check on the gold valves. thanks.. the vortip did seem to help the power out a little bit, and I dont think that it is as loud as other pipes out there

Well if you do not have a fork brace, do that first. That seems to be one of the best front end mods.