HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slow_Poke

Help...front bearings :-)

2 posts in this topic

Picked up a 96 xr 600 not long ago and the front bearings went out this afternoon. I have a big ride planned for this coming saturday and need help. Called the Honda shops and they said they could order the bearings but thats no help for this saturday. A friend mentioned that i could probaly find the bearings cheaper and in stock at a bearing company but i would still be screwed because i would still need the seals. I guess the seals are destroyed when you take out the old bearings or something. Any help out there in internet land? Thanks in advance....Jim

The bearings are a standard size so they are readily available. They should cost less than $10 ea. You should be able to remove the seals without damaging them. Buy sealed bearings for extra protection.