Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sylvain

WR into a YZ ?

8 posts in this topic

I know it may be sinful, but considering that I do my riding mostly on mx track these days, I want to lighten up my WR a bit. So I'm considering YZ-ing my wr.

I'm sure it has been done in the past, and I have a pretty good idea on what to do to acheive my objective. Quick/easy YZ/WR transformation.

But I'd like to know what some of you did and to what extend you went to YZ your WR ?

:cry:

Thanks

So I'm considering YZ-ing my wr.

Quick/easy YZ/WR transformation.

But I'd like to know what some of you did and to what extend you went to YZ your WR ? :cry: Thanks

IMS YZ tank which necessitates a YZ-style seat (Moose Gripper) & YZ radiator shrouds, YZ rear fender, YZ timing, Acerbis front number plate, Dr. 'D' full exhaust system, external coolant reservoir gone, kickstand gone. Definitely puts the bike on the Anna-Nicole Smith weight-loss program and drops off 10 pounds easliy, if not more.

No problems with the fuel petcock being on the right side either with the YZ tank. Just need a new longer fuel line (and zip-ties) routed up and over the carb to the inlet.

After coming off an XR650L recently, this bike feels like a 250! Power to weight ratio is unmatched, except for another WR!

The most noticeable difference will be the tank/seat swap out, I also changed my sub-frame and rear wheel to 19" as well as did the YZ timing.

all in all you will be glad you made the change. :cry:

I plan to do the YZ timing next time I check the valves. I understand well the reason to go with the 19 inch rear wheel. I have already the YZ seat and tank set. As a matter of fact I have an Acerbis 3.4 gal tank and the oem yz tank.

But why a YZ subframe ?

Thanks

I plan to do the YZ timing next time I check the valves. I understand well the reason to go with the 19 inch rear wheel. I have already the YZ seat and tank set. As a matter of fact I have an Acerbis 3.4 gal tank and the oem yz tank.

But why a YZ subframe ?

Thanks

The YZ Sub is made out of aluminum, which shaves off some weight. :cry:

the wr subframe is made out of aluminum

Edit: Oops. i see he is riding a 426. my bad. the 450s are aluminum.