HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIGGITY

Curious as to the average height/weight of XR650R riders.

50 posts in this topic

Not "L" riders! :cry: I want to know "R" riders who ride dirt 90% + of the time. It seems like there are very few smaller guys who ride the XR650R in the dirt. I've ridden w/ about 7 or 8 piggy riders and they are all big boys. Makes sense since the pig is such a beast. :cry:

So a couple of questions for you "R" riders

1) Height

2) Weight

3) # of years riding

4) Type of terrain you mostly ride on the "R" (i.e. desert, tight twisty 1st/2nd gear stuff, mx tracks, climbing etc..)

For me:

1) 6'7

2) 250 lbs

3) 3 months

4) So far all 1st/2nd gear tight rutted rocky stuff. Can't wait for desert season!! :cry:

6'5"

225 - 235 depending on the time of year :cry:

more than 30 years :cry:

desert trails, wide open, slow single track, sand washes, dunes, rocks, goat trails, etc, from 1st gear to 5th

1) Height

2) Weight

3) # of years riding

4) Type of terrain you mostly ride on the "R" (i.e. desert, tight twisty 1st/2nd gear stuff, mx tracks, climbing etc..)

For me:

1) 6'3"

2) 215 lbs

3) 5 years

4) Mostly 2nd/3rd gear tight rutted rocky stuff. Enduros and hare scrambles. Would like to run a few Baja races. :cry:

6' 1"

185 (after the race!)

Since before Nixon went to China

-fun little rides in the countryside... :cry:

Howdy Gang,

First, a big thanks to all of you for the great info and ideas. This site and the contributors have brought me back into the fold.

Myself:

1) 6'8

2) ~235 w/o gear

3) Rode till age 15, then 20 year break, now back at it!

4) Desert, single-track, fire roads, etc.

k now to break stereotypes

1)5'9

2)170 w gear

3) 5 years, 4 years off and then 4 more (now)

4) single track woods, mud/skeg, sandpits, like to jump it (why i bought the CRF)

:cry:, JR

1) 6'

2) 240#

3) 15+

4) Canyons and the neibors yard. :cry:

This is by first dirt bike in 8 years, I bought it to Motard, but with desert season fast aproching, I'll be putting knobbies back on it and heading out to Ocotillo.

54 years old

5'9"

255 lbs.

8 years (once or twice a week all year long)

mostly mountain trail riding which includes the tight and rocky and twisty terrain.

First 3 years were on the KX500.

Next 4 years on the XR650 (most of the time).

Last year mostly on the 04 525EXC with the 650 being my main desert bike alghough I still use it in the mountains.

1) Height

2) Weight

3) # of years riding

1. 5'9"

2. 140 lb with nothing but helmet on.

3. 34 months of riding, 56000 miles among 10 different bikes.

4. My XR650R is designated as a motard/track bike right now. I rode approx. 300 off-road miles on it, and found that it was more fun riding it on pavement than dirt.

DSC01706.jpg

1) Height

2) Weight

3) # of years riding

For me im

6'1

95kilo (210pounds)

Ive been riding since i was 4 years old so thats a total of 16years < yes im only 20 i needed the 650 because nothign else excites me

i ride everything tight 1st2nd single stuff to fire trails to mx tracks to grass tracks

and not slowing down

6'2"

260 lbs.

Been riding since Johnson was in office...

Spend my time chasin' my wife, 2 strokes (and an occasional 450) thru the woods...

5'8"

180 w/o gear

20 + years riding, took a 20 year vacation in between.

Everything the desert has to throw at me, plus nice tight single track and just now getting back to natural terrain MX tracks & Vet racing! :cry:

I know most BRP riders are bigger than me but I swear that Honda made it to fit me perfect!

6'0"

215 lbs

35 yrs of riding

I ride it over any terrain that gets in my way. 90% tight, twisty, rocky stuff. :cry:

6'3"

200 lbs.

24 years (not including 15 year hiatus)

Wooded midwest trails, hills fields, and on road (dualsported)

5'9", 160 lbs.

38 yrs. old, riding for 25 years.

Tight, mountainous, Northeast terrain.

Enduros, scrambles, turkey runs.

I know, my stats don't add up to a Pig rider, but I'm lovin' it. I'm always in the right gear. :cry:

1) Height - 6'2"

2) Weight - 160 lbs

3) # of years riding - 16+ (30 yrs old)

4) Type of terrain - Desert, some tighter stuff, street motard soon.

I am one of the light guys that likes these things. I started riding the two-smokes when I was young and did not know any better. After high school my girlfriend (wife now) had a person she house sat for offer her a 50 mile old 92 XR600 and similar year Yamaha Quad for $2K. I bought it because the price was so good. Since then I have prefered the heavier XR's over everything. I have tried to ride the lighter new style 4-strokes and can't find anything that I ride as well. I just sold my street bike after 5 months because I am more comfortable on the dirtbike/Motard. I love this thing!!! :cry:

1- 6'- 1"

2- 215lbs

3- 30 years

4- You name it I like to ride it. I've lost track of the bikes that I have owned over the years and by far this has been the best all around do it all bike yet :cry: