Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonethumpwr

WR450 OIL FILTER Save with this $ 3.99 filter

8 posts in this topic

I purchased a yamaha paper oil filter from my local dealer and they charged me $18.09. I decided that was the last oil filter I would buy from them at a 400% mark up. I started searching and found some people here talking about HiFLO.

I found a website that was selling them and purchased 3 for a total cost of $5.99 ea including shipping. That's a big diff. in price. The filters look the same except one has yellow paper and the other has red paper. Both have the same metal with rubber on both ends. I took a picture showing the filter and box with part # so you could see what I'm talking about. Save yourself some money if your using paper filters and check these out. [image]HiFLOOilFilter.th.jpgwww.ImageShack.us" /></a>[/image]

Here is a direct link: http://img80.exs.cx/img80/7421/HiFLOOilFilter.jpg

This sport is expensive enough without paying that much money for a oil filter. :cry:

I bought 6 of those from CycleGear.com for 3.99 each plus shipping. Total cost to me was $25.

A-hooles at the dealer jacked me for $13 for a filter. Never again.

I bought 6 of those from CycleGear.com for 3.99 each plus shipping. Total cost to me was $25.

A-hooles at the dealer jacked me for $13 for a filter. Never again.

Yep, cyclegear.com. Search for "hiflofiltro". Great filters, and cheap. You can afford to change the filter every time!