Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtrider007

range on a stock YZ426?

8 posts in this topic

I was just wandering what the gas mileage is on a stock YZ426. also if it is stock, do you have to use 93 octane or higher, or would putting octane booster in 87 octane work???

30 - 40 miles 45 tops (45 is really pushing it)

Depends on How Wide open you are (Aggressive with the throttle

93 is fine 92 is fine

I will never put anything in any motor like Octane boost

ok also, what is the range of a stock 2001 YZ125?? the reason I'm asking, is I am about to buy a 426, and i want to compare the range of a 426 to the range of a YZ125.

it matters because my cousin lives about 5 miles from my house on gravel roads, and i would ride my dirtbike there a lot. he's had his 125 for over a year now, so I know how far his goes, and was wandering what the numbers were. if noone knows an approximate number, what do you think would have more range, his YZ125, or a stock 2002 YZ426???

You joking? Its the 426F! its a Four stroke. It sucks half as much gas of a 2 smoke. Think about that.

True, 4 strokes are more efficient, but you're also talking about a 125 2 stroke, nearly 1/3 the size of the 426. My guess is that they will have nearly the same amount of range, seeing as how they design the capacity of the tanks for the same thing -- a motox race.