HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
REX68

Just bought a 2003 XR 650 R

6 posts in this topic

Last week I bought a 2003 Honda XR 650 R. The bike was sold on consignment, so the only thing the guy could tell me about the bike was that the guy was moving out of state and didn't want to take the bike with him.

The things I do know about it are that it was bought originally June 8th of 04. It has a White Bros E series pipe, Renthall bars and a graphics kit.

Now it's been awhile since Ive ridden any dirt bikes (like 10 years). Im trying to inform myself on the bike, trails, and things I need to do to the bike or find out what has been done to it already. Can anyone help. Thanks

You'll enjoy the bike! I bought mine about 2 years ago. Hadn't had a bike in 15 years.

Go immediately to Eric's site at www.xr650r.us and read, read, read. Then do, do, do. The preventative maintenance on this bike is very necessary! :cry:

Good luck!

Dan

Congrats on the purchase. I just bought a brand new 03 about 2 weeks back with a street kit installed. Havn't ridden much (12 mi) because I'm waiting to Oct to register.

Grease everything you can on the bike. From the steering head bearings to the rear axle and linkages. The bike has "zero" grease from the factory. Had to punch out my swingarm bolt with only 600 miles on it.