Lectron Carb on a 426

My experience with Lectrons is fairly limited. I know a few guys that run them in Pro Stock and Pro Street bikes. As far as I know, the Lectron doesnt have an idle circuit, which would make it very hard to get good contol down low. They are a great full throttle carby, but doubt they would work well on a dirt bike application.

They are a great full throttle carby, but doubt they would work well on a dirt bike application.

Same experience here. Great drag race carb where max airflow is important, but a real PITA carb when you have lots of throttle transitions. A well tuned FCR is really tough to beat.

How much do you think I could get for the 40mm Lectron? What other applications would it work on? Would a CRF450 carb work on the YZ? I am new to the whole 4 stroke thing, and don't know all that much... just the basics...

YZFan has an eddlebrock on his 400 and loves it. He couldn't get rid of the bog and ended up trying the eddlebrock and really likes it. I ride with him on occasion and he has no problems starting it at all and it seems to run good, haven't ridden the bike myself though. Send him a PM if he doesn't see this thread.

Edelbrock cards are the way to go!!!! I tried every jet and needles to fix the bog. Tried the free mod for the pump adjustment no luck. It was either buy the Edelbrock or sell the bike due to the bog. Put the Edelbrock on and have been super happy with the bike eversence. Oh and the bog has never shown its ugly face again. If you get the Edelbrock also get the Zip Ty hot start even if I crash it will start on the 1st of 2nd try with the hot start. I hope this helps and good luck