XR650 Seals

Selling the bike and buying a Katoom is not an option. I have the new updated seal and will change the vent to the airbox to scavenge the pressure. Also will make sure the chain is slack enough when suspension is collapsed. I see that overfilling might be a problem, since he fills it to the upper mark, might just run it a about 1/2 way between the marks. Also do you screw the dipstick in when you check it ? or just slide it in to the threads and remove it? I agree with the post, we will see who's bike is still running 10 years from now!! I have had a '84 XR200, '85 XR 80 and 3 A T C'S from '82 to '85. All of them still run with very minor repairs other than normal maint. I still ride the A T C 200X at the dunes, and I ride it VERY HARD. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Katoom sounds like the "Disgruntled Honda Owner of the Year", I hope nothing major ever goes wrong with the K T M there parts prices are much higher than Honda's

Happy Trails Guys

Bob J

THE NEW SEAL IS BETTER BUT NOT ENOUGH SOLVE THIS PROBLEM-I BLEW OUT THREE OF THEM--SO FAR...