HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
undrdog

Clutch Feathering??? DO or Don"t?

9 posts in this topic

Wondering how many of you out there feather your clutch coming out of turns when you might be a gear higher than necessary? Are we doing something we should"nt be or what?

undrdog,

I would recommend not slipping the clutch, just dump it! One of the first times I rode my bike on a tight track I slipped it alot and the clutch faded very, very quickly.

The clutch on these bikes is bullet proof! I have been slipping mine for the past 5 years on the tight northwest trails. Nothing has happened to it. It is still with in spec. and works flawlessly. So slip away! :cry:

On the stuff I ride, if you don't feather it you will stall it. So feather away. :cry:

Yup, thats washington for you! Ever been to walker valley?

On the stuff I ride, if you don't feather it you will stall it. So feather away. :cry:

Yup, thats washington for you! Ever been to walker valley?

Of course. During the winter the exposed roots are WAY TOO slippery to ride there. And now it is seasonal like Capital Forest. So during the winter I pretty much only ride at Tahuya. Then from April to late June I ride at Capital and Walker Valley. And then from late June till whenever the snows hit I ride at Naches/Manastash and Mad River/Chickamin. After the snows it is back to Tahuya. Looks like winter is coming early this year.... snow levels might get down to 4000 ft which puts an end to my summer spots. :cry:

I clutch the bike alot to keep it revving around corners and I am on my third clutch in 9 months. I also need a new basket real bad.