HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jusv

Swingarm pivot bolt?

5 posts in this topic

How does it come off? I have the nut and washer away from the left side? Do I just bang it out with something or what?

The lock and adjuster come to the picture later, right?

Help!! :cry:

THX Jussi

You should be able to tap it out with a blunt punch and rubber mallet. Then, you can take the lock nut off the right side later.

Make sure you grease the bearings while you're in there! Mine were getting nasty.

If you haven't yet, check out Eric's site at www.xr650r.us and see the Swingarm Tool section. I just did this last week.

Good luck!

Some have made a "tool"... or you can use Hondas for help (speaking of 650R).

Either way, mine didn't come out too easily and was ruined during extraction (that's what I get for never removing it to lube the needle bearings or the bolt). It was ultimately removed with a large air hammer. :cry: Seriously.

Some have made a "tool"... or you can use Hondas for help (speaking of 650R).

Either way, mine didn't come out too easily and was ruined during extraction (that's what I get for never removing it to lube the needle bearings or the bolt). It was ultimately removed with a large air hammer. :cry: Seriously.

Yikes! Mine came out okay, but I replaced it because of some rust spots and other crud. Also, I wasn't sure if the 'worn' section in the middle was supposed to be there or not :cry: The new one came with it, so I guess it's a unexpected feature.

Lots of grease in there now!