HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFeCRF

Allen wrench (socket cap) carb bolts

3 posts in this topic

anyone know off-hand the sizes of the bolts for the carb float for the stock xr650r carb (2003)? Next time I mess with the carb I would like to replace the bolts with socket cap bolts to permit use of a allen wrench. I think they are m4x16, but can anyone confirm?

I just got back from the hardware store and that is what I bought (m4-16).

Actually, I bought 4 shorter ones as well just in case- good thing, one would have been too long.

Just put an old one in your pocket and go to the hardware store. As you walk in, your subconscious might tell you, "if they see me digging in my pocket, they might think I am shoplifting". If this happens, take the old one out of your pocket and roll it around in your hand while planning your explaination story as to why you are not paying for it on the way out. This method works for me!

:cry:

Mike