HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4Stroke4Life

A TURBO YZ!!!! WOULDN'T THAT BE SICK FOR THE DUNES!!

5 posts in this topic

you know how they are putting turbos on the 4 stroke quads??? like the 400EX, Bomb DS650's, TRX,YFZ's. bikes of that nature. well what if you were a die hard duner, or planning to race the Baja with a YZ400/426/450... would that not be sick or what?? :cry: :cry: there is a shop here in phoenix that just did a Bombardier DS650.. this thing does 135MPH on the street!!!135!!! and they clocked it up Oldsmobile hill in GLAMIS at 86MPH. thats sick if you ask me. not that i am really planning on putting a turbo on my YZ400F, but it IS possible. if i had money top throw around i would though, for sheezee!!! what does everyone think??? :cry: :cry:

The YZFs have a lot of compression that you would have to reduce in the motor for a blown application.

I know of a Xr650 with a turbo for the Dakar race that has been around on the net.

One of my buddies that has a YZ-426 hybrid bike like mine in a street chassis has a Garret Turbo on his motor. It is supossedly around 80+hp :cry:

the shop that is local for me that did that bombardier charges around 3,800$. i talked to him about my YZ400F, he says it would not be worth it on such an old motor. but a new 450 he said he could do. if i have the cash any time soon. for sure i will do it. i am surprised that that is not a big thing in the supermoto seen. or maybe it is, i am not into that. too much money!! looks like fun though. :cry: