HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hulk

2000 XR 650R Bogs when ....

2 posts in this topic

I just installed the baja kit and have been riding it on the road. My problem is when I go to whack the throttle or when I shift gears in a wheelie it bogs bad. I am assuming it's because I don't have it uncorked, but I need your opinions. I like having it quiet but would like to mess with the jetting or desmog it? What do you guys think? Other than that it's a complete blast. I giggle riding the darn pig. :cry:

Actually, it should not bog even if it's still in the stock, overly-lean condition. But that's a possibility.

First of all, you should uncork and rejet the bike. It is horribly slow and underpowered stock.

The complete uncorking and re-jetting must be done together to get the desired effect of blistering power. It's not overly loud either, it's loud, but it's a deep tone which does not annoy or carry over distance.

If you live at fairly low altitude (700' or so), drop me a line and I'll give you the details on uncorking/jetting, and a mildly modified version of the uncorking process which will yield even more arm-stretching power (around 60hp).

Once you ride an uncorked pig, you'll never go back to stock!

LL.

'00 XR650R uncorked/jetted/street legal

XR650sm.jpg