liquid cooled XR650?

I just found this picture in my latest "RedRider" Honda propaganda magazine. It appears to be a liquid cooled XR. Are the XR's now liquid cooled or is this a hop-up kit?

lc_xr650.jpg

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: sirthumpalot ]

sirthumpalot,

Where have you been for the past 3 years? The XR650R has been a water pumper since 2000.

Ummm....yeah, thats an XR650R. The first one showed up at my dealer in March of 2000.

Wow, guess I've missed the XR boat lately. I pay most of my attention to MX and haven't looked at the XR600+ in years (obviously..heh.) and was shocked to see this pic. I wonder if they are planning on doing the same to any other bikes in the XR line? OK well sorry for the false alarm. :)

Duuuuuude, you have been out of it for a while. Yeah there are some other improvements to the XR line like, plastic fenders, knobbie tires, aluminium wheels, cromo steel frames, plastic fuel tanks and MX type handle bars made from steel. Unfortunatly we don't get light weight, up side down forks, a CR shock, water cooling (save the 650 )or horsepower. But, thats the way we like it!!!