Dealer cost in XR650R

I'm thinking about purchasing and 01 or 02 XR650R. Does anyone know what dealer cost is on these bikes ? Also, Is there any differences between an 01 and an 02 ? THX

I'm not completely positive, but dealer price on the 650 is probaby around $4500 I'd guess. I bought mine for $4600 (out the door), and the salesman said he was selling it to me for about $80 over cost.

Kevin,

Looks like you got a great deal on your 2001...I have researched, and found the actual dealer invoice for the 2002 to be $5077 + $27 assembly cost. This includes the dealer paid shipping rate of $125. It would all depend on how badly the dealer wanted to "move" the bike as to what amount you could offer...Hope this helps.

--Mitch

Originally posted by logg:

I'm thinking about purchasing and 01 or 02 XR650R. Does anyone know what dealer cost is on these bikes ? Also, Is there any differences between an 01 and an 02 ? THX

There are only minor differences between the 01 & 02 XR650R models. There was a minor color change and the clutch bushing was updated sometime in 2001, but other than that, they are the same bikes from what I know.

I don't recall what dealer cost is on these bikes, but the prices between dealers varies like crazy. I bought my 2001 XR650R new from Sun Honda (largest volume Honda dealer in the nation) in Thorton Colorado for $3450 plus fees, plus $125 for crating + overnight shipping to California via Forward Air. I bought one of the last 5 remaining 01's they had at this special price a few months ago.

The next best price I found on a new 2001 XR650R was from Honda of Chanute located in Chanute KS. In fact, they are still offering them in www.cycletrader.com for $4199 out the door. Here's the link to their listing in Cycle Trader incase you're interested.

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/9/7/1531597.htm

As of now, Cycle Trader has 47 XR650R listings. If the economy continues to slide, then prices on new & used bikes may even get better. You should easily be able to find a 2002 model for $4,695 + fees, but it may be tougher finding one for that price with fees. Good luck in your search.