have you seen this???????????????????????

FX650.jpg FMX650

The new FMX650 is a dual sport model featuring an air-cooled, four-stroke,

single-cylinder, 650cc

engine and super motard styling. With fun motoring as its design concept, the

FMX650 is equally

at home in the city or out on the highway. Starting in spring 2005, the FMX650

will be released

in a wide range of European markets. The FMX650 is manufactured by Honda

affiliate Montesa Honda

S.A. of Spain, and annual European sales are projected to reach 7,000 units

I dont understand the whole motard thing... :thumbsup:

I think I would like to rip the forks apart and see if there any good for off road.

Me iether, I only dual sport a bike so I can ride forest service roads. If I want to ride the street it will not be on my street legal KX500 or my street legal 525EXC. I will buy a road bike or possibly a Kawasaki KLR650. Now if this new Honda competes head on with the KLR or XR650L I would buy one. I like the KLR just a little better cause it's more freeway worthy than the XRL. I already have bikes that are more dirt worthy.

Me iether, I only dual sport a bike so I can ride forest service roads. If I want to ride the street it will not be on my street legal KX500 or my street legal 525EXC. I will buy a road bike or possibly a Kawasaki KLR650. Now if this new Honda competes head on with the KLR or XR650L I would buy one. I like the KLR just a little better cause it's more freeway worthy than the XRL. I already have bikes that are more dirt worthy.

I tried owning a street bike and a dirtbike and found that I am way too comfortable on the dirtbike to be able to get comfortable on the street bike. I just sold it and am gonna use my XR for both after trying my buddy's Duke. Way more fun and natural to me than the street bike.

Yes...

:thumbsup::devil::awww: i saw the other posts after i posted

I think the Motard thing is just a way for dirt bikers to ride what they feel comfortable riding. I like riding my dirt bike on the street, but my 606's don't handle that well at 75 - 80 on the street.

I'd consider buying one!

Tim

I am sure racing super motard is a blast. Not to mention two bikes in one with a simple swap of the tires. Suspension set up for dirt of course.

Remember where this bike is sold at. Europe does not have the network of well paved roads that we in the states have. Some towns still use the origional stone paved roads. Small streets rough terrian and tight turns make dual sports the bike of choice. You will find many different dual sport bikes in Europe that you will not find here. Some dual sport bikes cc's start at 750cc to over 900cc V twins. This bike seems to be an updated version of the NX. Same engine new plastics and wheel combo. I wish my XR had dual exhaust, looks too wild. :thumbsup: Too bad it is not sold in the states, would make an awsome commuter bike.

Ray H

Remember where this bike is sold at. Europe does not have the network of well paved roads that we in the states have. Some towns still use the origional stone paved roads. Small streets rough terrian and tight turns make dual sports the bike of choice.

Ha ha brilliant!! I guess what you mean is that we in europe have roads with bends in eh????

My appologies,

What I meant to get across is the roads are older roads. To find a cobble stone road in a town in the states is next to impossible. Here in the states the government will buy houses and other buildings and tear them down to make the roads wider to handle increased traffic. You will find people here complain if a small pot hole appears and they have to move their steering wheel to avoid it. I wish I had a dollar for every mile of asphalt laid in this country.

Sorry I did not intend to imply that you did not have many roads there.

Ray