HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fastdirt

Edelbrock pumper carb

5 posts in this topic

Originally posted by Fastdirt:

Seriously considering new carb purchase,wondering if anyone has had any more experince with the Edelbrock pumper carb? Cost?

I found a pretty good review on the pumper carb by Brian at www.xr650r.net. It shows some picures and gives a post ride review. Sounds pretty good.

Fastdirt,

I've had the Ebrock on for 2 months. I'm still trying different settings every ride to get the best performance. The Ebrock works much better than stock. IMO it's worth the $400. It eliminates all the problems caused by the stock carb (stalling, flooding, leaking, flat spot, etc.). The new throttle setup that comes with it has longer cables. These are great if you have tall or forward bar mounts.

P.S. The word is that the carbs are back ordered till mid Jan. It will be worth the wait.

Kevin

Originally posted by Fastdirt:

Seriously considering new carb purchase,wondering if anyone has had any more experince with the Edelbrock pumper carb? Cost?

Also take a look at the posts from "GTMS34" as he also has experience with this carb. Use the search function here and on Yahoo's XR650R group to look for the word "Edelbrock" and you'll find some interesting reading.

If you're seriously interested in this carb, send me a private message and I'll get you a special price. Just a few weeks back, I put together a group purchase of over 20 Edelbrock Pumpers for XR650R owners. While I won't be able to get you the special group pricing that 20+ carbs bought, I can still get you a really good deal. You can either use the "Send Private Message" feature here or send an email to barnums_pro@yahoo.com and put "Susan's XR650R Edelbrock Deal" in the title and she'll send you more information through the Barnums email address as she's helping them out right now.

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: qadsan ]

Try sudco. com, they sell mikuni pumpers, and kehin, pumper carbs. A 41mm kehin is 475.00 as a kit, (cables etc.). They didn't recommend the edelbrock carb, but that could be just company bashing. I have an XRL and I'm gonna get the 41mm pumper kehin.

Ray