Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squad56

new pipe

6 posts in this topic

from all of you tt'rs, how is the dr. d pipe? powerwise and with it spark arrested does it lose any power. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Dr. D pipe is just about the best pipe money can buy for any dirtbike. It is also the most copied but never duplicated as good, design out there.

Dr. D pipe is just about the best pipe money can buy for any dirtbike. It is also the most copied but never duplicated as good, design out there.

man you post an add for the pipe, and you personally run a Ti-4? :thumbsup:

Personally I like the pro circuit , and the fmf pipes as they have more boost at the top end of the rpms. the dr d pipe makes its boost down low.

depends on how you ride.

Of all the exhaust reviews that I have read, all of them spoke highly of the Dr. D. The spark arrestor should not noticeably affect power, and it is easily removeable for days at the track anyway. Here is a quote by Dirt Rider Magazine on the Dr. D exhaust slip-on test on the YZ450F. Dr. D does now have complete exhausts available, but this will give you the idea on what to expect:

Original article found here:

http://www.dirtrider.com/tests/141_0303_pip/index.html

Material: Stainless mid-pipe and end-cap with aluminum canister Style: Slip-on Price: $378 Decibels: 102.5 Fit: A Weight: 5 lb 6 oz Spark Arrestor: None Overall Rating: B+ Comments: Dubach is one rider who knows the YZ450F. The Dubach slip-on almost rivaled some of the best complete systems in our test. Dr. D boosted overall performance all across the board. The delivery is more robust than stock yet still smoother and easier to ride. The power is tractable and seemed to work well when the dirt was moist or hard-packed. The Dubach is a value-plus exhaust

You know, The results for the 450 are different than the 250's. My mistake for assuming the pipe's affect would be the same. Sorry.

I am curious though, the results for the dr. d, and the t-4 are nearly identical (time and hp). they rave about the dr. d, and yet scold the t-4. :thumbsup:

could they be biased?