HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husk

yz250 vs wr250/wr450

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm going to buy a new bike, but I have a few questions for the experts on this forum.

I'm 6'2" weigh 250 lbs, and I've been riding a friends '03 yz250f on trails and rock quarries for about a year.

The yz250f seems very powerful, but I'm wondering what the difference between the wr250f is, or even the wr450f.

I definitely know I don't have the experience to control a yz450, but I've been told that a wr450's power is more controllable due to it's tuning.

I've also been told that due to my size, a 250f is too small. However, I don't really see that logic... the yz250f is such a damn powerful bike.

Can anyone explain the differences a little better, or give me their suggestions?

Cheers

For mountains the yz250 are fun nimble bikes. For open spaces they lack a little poop and the WR450 will out do them... unless there are constant whoops. :thumbsup: