HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keyser_Zoze

W.E.R. Steering Stabilizer Question!

5 posts in this topic

Does anybody have the WER Steering stabilizer on there XR650R who would care to comment?

I do primarily fast woods riding with lots of rocks/ruts and tree roots.

I would use a Scotts unit but they said I'd have to move by bars back in the Pro Taper clamps which I'm not willing to do.

I'll run the unit full loose and just depend on it for high speed dampening as I do practically Zero desert riding.

Thanks.

I have a wer dampner on my xr 250. The head light assembly must be trimmed to get it to work. I also ride in tight woods, roots, and rocks. I run my dampner 1/4 turn out from full hard. When riding the bike you can't even tell that it is on the bike. At least not until you clip a tree and then you will be happy that it is there. I am also planning to put a wer dampner on my DRZ.

Originally posted by William Bird:

I have a wer dampner on my xr 250. The head light assembly must be trimmed to get it to work. I also ride in tight woods, roots, and rocks. I run my dampner 1/4 turn out from full hard. When riding the bike you can't even tell that it is on the bike. At least not until you clip a tree and then you will be happy that it is there. I am also planning to put a wer dampner on my DRZ.

Thanks for the info! Now I just need to find out where to get it for the best price!

That DRZ is one hell of a bike. Talk about a sleeping giant... Guys in CA are pissed cuz it's tuff to get a license plate to dual sport it, though...

jay

I had one on my xr600 and it worked great. When I went to put it on my xr400 I was going to have to rearrange and bend the oil cooler lines and go to a cr or XR600 fender. so I sold it to a friend who has it on his cr500. It really helped stabilize the cr500.

I put the Scotts on the xr400, moved it to my newer DRZ400E and swap it back and forth with my cr250. I like the portability of the Scotts but not the fact that I can't move my bars forward on the dr without buying a whole new bar clamp. I also like not having to weld the Scotts mounts or cut the light housing.