HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dennis'_WR426

Will not roll .....

5 posts in this topic

I have had a problem loading the bike on the back of my truck. It seems when I put in first gear with the engine off and pull in the clutch I can't push it up the ramp. I like the option of not putting on the break if needed when pushing it up. You know what I mean? The rear tire is locked up. Is there a cure for this or am I S.O.L.

Dennis

Den,

You have some residual oil holding the clutch. Pull the clutch in before you kill the motor and it'll push fine. Once you let go of the clutch, it's over.

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards , Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Bill not to be a smart ass but what di you mean it's over? If I am pushing the bike and it is first gear with the clutch in and it is free wheeling, you men once I let it out I'm screwed?

Dennis :)

Den,

That's right......sorry I didn't explain :) once you release the clutch, there is enough residual oil to make the clutch "grab". Same if you ever try a dead engine start in hare scramble.....don't let the clutch out after killing the motor :D

Bill