HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bailey28

Buying from Canada

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to this board, so forgive me if I am covering old ground. I am strongly considering buying an xr650l and have read elsewhere in the past that people have been going to Canada to buy their new bikes and importing them here. They mentioned that they saved about 30% over the cost of a machine bought here in the US. If anyone knows about this, please fill me in if it is a good idea, or if I should go running disrobed the other way. By the way, I think I am the only person in North Central Florida that will take my xr off road. Unfortunately, the sport seems dead around here.

Thanks,

Frank

Did you already find a bike in Canada for a decent price? I found that bikes in general are quite a bit cheaper in the states. I live in Ontario and am having a tough time selling my 650l because someone could pick up a similar bike in New York or Detroit for way less. Good luck with your search though

edit: I only just realized that this thread is from 2001.....