HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eater_of_dirt

Breather hose set up

2 posts in this topic

Did this on my blue bike, and on my dads red. First thing I did was take the breather and split it into two lines, then I took one of the lines and put a 1 way valve on the line to allow flow into the crank case, I then ran this line up and into my airbox between filter and carb, so I get filtered air into my crankcase. Then I put a 1 way valve on the other hose that allows flow out of the crank case and let this line hang down. Works like a dream. For the valves I just used some small hose valves that my dad just literally had lying around, you can probably find them pretty easy.

[This message has been edited by eater_of_dirt (edited September 29, 2001).]

I used xr's only breather kit which is a small k&n filter attached to 1/2 hose that goes onto the engine breather. Only problem I had was finding a suitable place to mount the filter, which ended up on the inside of the frame near the shock res (xr6). I saw the that uni also made filters of smilar size, might have to pick one of those up as I perfer foam.