HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ala

New dual sport from Honda?????

9 posts in this topic

I've heard Honda is going to release 10 new model bikes at the dealer show 3rd week of sept. I've also heard one is going to be a street=legal dual sport. Anybody have any news??

no info, but I know non-US markets have the CRM. Cr250 street legal.

If I were to do a blind guess, either the xr 400 or 650 (new liquid cooled) will get the XL treatment.

Any idea WHEN they will announce?

Their website has the same models showing up as 2002 models.

I'd wager Honda announces an XR400L that weighs 50 lbs more than the 400R. In other words I don't trust the ultra-conservative corporation to do anything earth-shattering. Just look at how long it took them to release the updated XR650R!

What I'd really like to see is a dual-sport version of the XR650R that adds only 10 lbs. Or can you imagine a CR450R was dual-sported? After all, people have done it with WR426F's. Pity Honda won't take a chance and lead the field the way that others have.

Kurt Penner

Yea, I know what i"d like to see & I'd buy one in a minute.The l-c 650-r, 6-speed, electric start,total street legal,265 lbs.for $5800. They couldn"t build them fast enough.All new models are to be shown by 9-20-01. That's next Thursday. Heres hoping!!!

oh the crf150 and 230 didn't do it for you?

HAHA

[This message has been edited by Matt96xr6 (edited September 23, 2001).]