HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt96xr6

1983 xr200 monoshock, need new one

3 posts in this topic

Hey all. Friend has a 1983 honda xr200 and among other items missing on the bike (mainly the muffler) the rear mono shock is blown out.

Anyone know if the CR shocks will fit the bike? what about the later xr shocks say off the 250s and larger bikes? We dont mind it being a bit stiffer since mostly large adults ride the bike.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Matt

Originally posted by Matt96xr6:

Hey all. Friend has a 1983 honda xr200 and among other items missing on the bike (mainly the muffler) the rear mono shock is blown out.

Anyone know if the CR shocks will fit the bike? what about the later xr shocks say off the 250s and larger bikes? We dont mind it being a bit stiffer since mostly large adults ride the bike.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Matt

Matt,

I know it's off topic, but, what's the fuel mileage on 96 600R racing in the woods?

I believe it is all stock (engine in carb etc) right?

Thanks.

probably in the stuff I ride, about 35-45 miles. I have not run it enough to be sure. I may next week take it on a road trip, so then I can tell the highway miles.

I have the supercrapp pro muffler and an aftermarket header pipe. Jetting is up also really large to like a 70/165. Also installed a 13 tooth front sprocket.