HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TwinSparXR

BRP top tripple clamp

5 posts in this topic

I'm considering buying a BRP top clamp for my 00 650r so I can move the bars forward.

Has anyone got this setup on there 650r?

I have a BRP clamp on mine. The bars are 19mm forward of stock but are at stock height. This gets the bars out of my lap. It is a great improvement. FYI, I bought the tripleclamp, protaper (CR hi bend), stabilizer , package. Yes, it's expensive but I don't regret it. Talk to Jim and Cameron at BRP. They were a great help when I set up my bike.

Good luck,

Kevin

do any of the am triple clamps come with rubber mounted bars? to tingle is a little much after 3 hours in the dual sport saddle of the 650R. especially when compered to the ultra smooth DR350.

Originally posted by TwinSparXR:

I'm considering buying a BRP top clamp for my 00 650r so I can move the bars forward.

Has anyone got this setup on there 650r?

I'm 6'3" and On both my 400 and 650R I have run the Pro Taper clamp and bars in the far forward position. The result is pretty dramatic over the stocker as the pro-taper set up even in the "REAR" position is still farther forward than that of the stocker. I wish I had actual measurements to share.

I don't know of anyone using the rubber style bar clamps on aftermarket triple clamps. I don't notice vibration when dual sporting the XR. I came from a DR350 to the XR.