BRP top tripple clamp

I'm considering buying a BRP top clamp for my 00 650r so I can move the bars forward.

Has anyone got this setup on there 650r?

I have a BRP clamp on mine. The bars are 19mm forward of stock but are at stock height. This gets the bars out of my lap. It is a great improvement. FYI, I bought the tripleclamp, protaper(CR hi bend), stabilizer, package. Yes, it's expensive but I don't regret it. Talk to Jim and Cameron at BRP. They were a great help when I set up my bike.

Good luck,

Kevin

do any of the am triple clamps come with rubber mounted bars? to tingle is a little much after 3 hours in the dual sport saddle of the 650R. especially when compered to the ultra smooth DR350.

Originally posted by TwinSparXR:

I'm considering buying a BRP top clamp for my 00 650r so I can move the bars forward.

Has anyone got this setup on there 650r?

I'm 6'3" and On both my 400 and 650R I have run the Pro Taper clamp and bars in the far forward position. The result is pretty dramatic over the stocker as the pro-taper set up even in the "REAR" position is still farther forward than that of the stocker. I wish I had actual measurements to share.

I don't know of anyone using the rubber style bar clamps on aftermarket triple clamps. I don't notice vibration when dual sporting the XR. I came from a DR350 to the XR.