HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dennisthe

Want to raise handlebars on my Pig

7 posts in this topic

Hey, any suggestions as to which bar/riser to buy to raise the handlebars on my 650R to help with the woods riding here in Maine? Also, I have an edelbrock carb coming for it so I don't know how long the cable will be.

Thanks for any input,

Ernie

I'm 6'3 and have never felt overly comfortable riding in the standing position on my pig because I'm hunched over and can't stand straight. I bought a pair of Jimmy Button (Renthal) bars and probably got maybe 1 to 1 1/2 inche rise from this set up. The bars work with a scotts stabilizer also. I would still like to raise the bars a little higher, but can't due to cable lengths. The current set up is much better then before and allows me to stand and lock my knees when on long less demanding trails. The next step for me is to purchase longer cables and add a tripple clamp riser. I will need to check if this will be possible with the damper setup.

I am not tall but when I stand do not like being hunched over. I too use the Jimmy Hutton renthal bars. I don't believe they make anything taller. I also cut 1 inch off the end of the bars in order to get the stock cables to fit.

Hey, any suggestions as to which bar/riser to buy to raise the handlebars on my 650R

i used to run the thumper racing bar risers with the jimmy button renthals :thumbsup: the stock cables will work - you just have to route them a little different :lol: i think the cables that come with the edelbrock are a little longer :awww:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

now iam running a GPR 2.0 with applied clamp and bars its real close to my first set up but i like riding with the stabilizer alot better :devil: ( kinda like cheating ) :lol::D :D

P4111146.jpg

P4111144.jpg

jeff :D

Hey, any suggestions as to which bar/riser to buy to raise the handlebars on my 650R

i used to run the thumper racing bar risers with the jimmy button renthals :thumbsup: the stock cables will work - you just have to route them a little different :devil: i think the cables that come with the edelbrock are a little longer :awww:

Those risers look nice. Where can I find them and would you suggest trying the risers first or the JB bars?

Thanks for the responses

I ran the exact same setup as JWS, just sold my whole setup. I'm 6'7".. It was pretty good for me. I now run the exact setup as JWS again.. GPR, Pastrana freestyle pro tapers. I liked the setup with the risers, did have to 're-route' the throttle cables a little, and rotate the throttle tube.

You might want to do a search on the XR250/400 forum.

Risers and taller bars are a common add on to the XR400's.