HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR650RFIRE

XR650R JETTING

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get my XRs jetting right. I'm running with a 65 pilot,170 main,and the performance needle from XR's only. This is the jetting that SRC recommends for the XR with a med Exhaust system. I'm thinking of switching to a 68 pilot, 175 main because it seems to be runing a little lean now. I have tooken all the EPA crap off, installed the smog blockoff kit(xr's only),UNI airfilter, and have a E series exhaust on it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

[This message has been edited by XR650RFIRE (edited 02-24-2001).]

I know the carbs are a bit different. But on my xr6 with aftermarket header, gutted air screen, twinn air filter, & supertrap Pro 4" exhaust I have the car jetted at 70 pilot, 165 main. I have run a 178 main, but no difference. I found a lot of the jetting was in the pilot to get the bike to start and idle easily.

Check on http://www.justxr.com

They have a bit of info on the 650. They may have a link or more of a guide to get it jetted properly.

Im running the following jetting with a uncorked XR650R and a WB "R" series exhaust :

PJ = 68S

Needle = Honda Hop up #3 from the top

Needle Jet = Honda Hop up

Main Jet = 170 to 175 depending on altitude

Clark

[This message has been edited by Clark Mason (edited 02-25-2001).]

I'm running a 93 650l with your jetting. Same mods with an air box mod and k & n filter. I had been running real rich, but still popping quite a bit. The idle mixture took care of both problems. Runs great.