YZFSPANKING

Today my XR650R and I spanked a YZ426F and it felt good. Every thing he could do I could do better, faster,longer, and at the end of the day I was ready to ride more while he was ready for home. I do know that the YZF is a great bike, for the track but out in the back yard I think the XR650R is(and already has) going to eat them for lunch.BRING IT ON.....

You were probably on a long flat gravel road. You are most likly afraid of the track & the bikes that can do it. You need to justify your lack of nerve. Try the track now & after you clean out your shorts you will see the 426 is a better bike. (Except for long flat gravel roads)

The YZ/WR guys are really nasty when someone else compares bikes and likes the non YZ/WR better.

It always sounds like an inferiority complex to me.

They need to think that their bike is the best and were and how they ride is the only way to have fun.

Then someone posts something like this and then they start to attack that person that called them on it.

Lets see if I'm right.

if only u all put the same amount of energy and concern into fighting for the rights to ride etc, all this silly infighting ...."which is best 2 stroke or 4 stroke,,,,,,,,which thumper is best,,,,"my 650cc bike is faster then your 426cc bike"

there are enough people out there who can put together a strong argument fot banning all bikes.,,

appathy will be the death of our sport.......not bike choice

if only u all put the same amount of energy and concern into fighting for the rights to ride etc, all this silly infighting ...."which is best 2 stroke or 4 stroke,,,,,,,,which thumper is best,,,,"my 650cc bike is faster then your 426cc bike"

there are enough people out there who can put together a strong argument fot banning all bikes.,,

appathy will be the death of our sport

Sandracer

I think you're taking this all a little too seriously. Sure, you're aways going to have the extreme cases. But for the most part, people are just having a little fun. Now I have to go back out to the motorpool and help a buddy change the track on his XR. :-)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,I really try to stay away from the ole "my bikes better than yours" posts. But......... XRFIRE, Could it be that you are in better shape than most the guys you ride with? Maybe? I ride with many firefighters (dad and friends) and they seem to been in good shape, they need to be its part of the job. On another subject, I went riding this weekend from Barstow to Laughlin NV, the conditions were epic!! I have two friends (excellent riders) that have two new XR650r's that have the power up mod. We had a situation at State line NV where there was a powerline road going east away from the 15 frwy. It turns out that I took my left hand off of my WR426f and waved goodbye to my good friend with red riding gear(he also has a pipe called a R4? The other XR hung tough for a while (stock exhaust) but eventually my WR pulled away. Later on they both told me they couldnt believe that my bike was faster. Both bikes are stock with stock gearing. This means nothing at all in my opinion, who really cares about drag racing? But when you post something like"I spanked" I feel that you are missing the point. I must have put at least 25 miles on the new XR's and to be honest, for a 650 I thought it should have more power, don't get me wrong the bike was FUN!! I feel like I could ride it all day long with much less work that the Yamaha. For so long I've been told to stay away from 650's on fireroads I say why? Maybe your "bring it on" attitude is because you're a good rider not because "you're bike is better than mine". Sincerely, Dan

Listen Lorenze you forgot to mention rider weight. Whats Gilette weigh ? 280!!! Hey just kiddin. The 426 is an awesome bike as is the 650. From there its rider preference. Keep on wheeling!!!!!! O'Leary here !!!!!!

Originally posted by Dan Lorenze:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,I really try to stay away from the ole "my bikes better than yours" posts. But......... XRFIRE, Could it be that you are in better shape than most the guys you ride with? Maybe? I ride with many firefighters (dad and friends) and they seem to been in good shape, they need to be its part of the job. On another subject, I went riding this weekend from Barstow to Laughlin NV, the conditions were epic!! I have two friends (excellent riders) that have two new XR650r's that have the power up mod. We had a situation at State line NV where there was a powerline road going east away from the 15 frwy. It turns out that I took my left hand off of my WR426f and waved goodbye to my good friend with red riding gear(he also has a pipe called a R4? The other XR hung tough for a while (stock exhaust) but eventually my WR pulled away. Later on they both told me they couldnt believe that my bike was faster. Both bikes are stock with stock gearing. This means nothing at all in my opinion, who really cares about drag racing? But when you post something like"I spanked" I feel that you are missing the point. I must have put at least 25 miles on the new XR's and to be honest, for a 650 I thought it should have more power, don't get me wrong the bike was FUN!! I feel like I could ride it all day long with much less work that the Yamaha. For so long I've been told to stay away from 650's on fireroads I say why? Maybe your "bring it on" attitude is because you're a good rider not because "you're bike is better than mine". Sincerely, Dan

Oshow, You have a great point there! Doug probably weighs over a hundred pounds more than me, and for longrides its really hard to beat the XR!!! Im glad to see you got one dude, you'll love it. I like the fact knowing that you'll run out of gas before I will, at State line I took 2.8 gallons and Doug took 4.5!! I hope you're getting that 7 gallon tank!! ?

ps. Did I say most fireman are in good shape? I forgot you're a fireman!! :D Later, Dan