HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robman

00 wr400 seat

11 posts in this topic

does anyone make a shorter and softer seat for the wr 400, i'm to short and need shorter seat higth.

3 people like this

Give the guys at Baja Designs a call. I know they sell a softer seat foam, I believe it's a Guts seat foam. I got a tall soft seat from them and I love it!

By the way, how short are you.

Phone: (858) 578-9111

I think they are at www.bajadesigns.com

6 people like this

hey olsenjr

one question do I´ve buy the tank ims or fit to the original tank 3.2 gal. and how much did you paid, and the last question, do you know where i can find a pic for ims 4 galons for wr400 looks to big and how feel?

thanks for you help

pto.vallarta

Renato Gomez

Originally posted by olson_jr:

Give the guys at Baja Designs a call. I know they sell a softer seat foam, I believe it's a Guts seat foam. I got a tall soft seat from them and I love it!

By the way, how short are you.

Phone: (858) 578-9111

I think they are at www.bajadesigns.com

9 people like this

Hey robman,

did you (or anyone else) ever get this seat foam? I'm looking for the same solution. Not quite as leggy as some and feel like I've been sawed in two up to my sternum after a long eastern woods ride.

Thanks!

3 people like this

Call Guts racing for all of your seat foam related issues.I don't think you can resolve the seat height issue with a softer foam (MAX. 1/2 inch) the OE seat foam is thiner than Twigy any way. Try to set your rear sag around 5 inches and lower the fork tubes to 10 mm or so.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Rocky ]

6 people like this

Rocky,

do you have a number for them? I know the stock foam is wafer thin, that's why I'm afraid that a softer foam may have me sitting on the seat pan which I know is harder (well, maybe just slightly) than the stock foam. I was hoping for something closer to my XR saddle for comfort.

As for increasing the rear sag to lower the seat height, I tried that many years ago on other bikes and royally screwed up the suspension action and the handling.

The YZ/WR frame design results in a tall seat height so I may just have to resolve myself to shortening the travel to get closer to terra firma.

Regards

3 people like this

Hey spode I've got a yz seat and tank now, this post is from over a year ago. I got an sdg seat and put factory fx soft seat foam in it, it's great. :)

1 person likes this

Yo....Vertically Impared Dudes....There is a way to lower the suspension without sacrificing the ride. Contact MXTuner@Mindspring.com for details.

The seat foam is only an inch as it is. If you remove the seat altogether you only gain 1 7/8th of additional drop.

Robman...give me a call....

Bonzai :)

Thanks guys!

Robman, I know it was an old post so I hoped you had found a solution by now. I did a search hoping to find an answer without rehashing an old issue, like, oh, maybe, jetting, BK mod, etc., but didn't find what I was looking for.

I've had a YZ tank and seat since before I had the WR (had a YZF first) but the seat is still hard as a brick, and narrow to boot. Sounds like the foam is the ticket and that's what I wanted to know.

I appreciate all the info!

Take care

Yea guts seats rule mines is pretty nice I measured the height I came up with about 37 inches but I think it's 39.1