HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sox450

What bits are you suppose to get with your new WR450FS

17 posts in this topic

Can anybody tell me what you are suppose to get with a new 2004 WR450? I got the manual but no tools. When I got my new YZ426 it came with plug spanner, spoke spanner, spare exhaust and jets?

Basically the WR450 came with the manual in a wripped open plastic bag, just wondered what the dealer kept if anything?

MY '02 WR426 came with no tools :/ Just a practice guide, service manual, and some catalogs/flyers. I keep every tool I need in a pack.

Hope this helps!

Eric

Hey sox, my canadian spec one came with a plug spanner and spoke key, and a couple of spare jets, but thats it. I guess its better than nothing, but my mate's crf450 came with a spare piston!

I was just getting ready to post this question, as I am picking up a new US spec '04 on Saturday. Can't wait, my first WR. :thumbsup:

My 04'WR450F(S) Can spec came the same as 'mousemeat's' did. Repair manual in 4 languages, spoke wrench, plug wrench, spare jets and cable ties for securing cables and wires. All the extra stuff came in a box, with the bike.

Make sure you get that plug wrench. IF you don't have one for the WR450 get back and get it. It comes with all bikes..

You will need it

All I got was the manual (more useful than I originally thought it would be) and the spark plug tool.

Nothing else came with the bike, I asked the day I picked it up and they all asked around and everyone was 100% sure no other tools came with that bike.

I looked at it like this, must be a strong bike if it only ships with the plug tool.....he he he....

I got 2 Manuals (service and operators), Spoke wrench, 4 jets (2 mains #165 #170, 2 pilots #40 #42-I think),and a plug wrench.

I got 2 Manuals (service and operators), Spoke wrench, 4 jets (2 mains #165 #170, 2 pilots #40 #42-I think),and a plug wrench.

Ditto for my '04

04 YZ450 came with a service manual, plug tool, spoke tool, and 2 main jets (#160 and 170).

TTr125 just the service manual.

Just bought a new 04 WR450 and I got the manual, 2 jets, spoke wrench and a plug tool.

3 jets, manual, spoke wrench, plug wrench, and the ever so helpful Yamaha Tips and Practice Guide for The Off Highway Motorcyclist. :thumbsup:

Hey sox, my canadian spec one came with a plug spanner and spoke key, and a couple of spare jets, but thats it. I guess its better than nothing, but my mate's crf450 came with a spare piston!

I think last year some of the KTM's came with an extra set of tires!! :thumbsup: Yamaha needs to follow suit...or maybe the 03's like mine should have came with a couple of sheer keys. :devil:

Thanks for all the feed back,as a result I have contacted the dealer and he is sending me some stuff down, let's see what arrives!

Well I haven't gotten my bike yet but they gave me the packet of stuff today when I put a deposit on it.

my bag of "bits" includes the manual, spark plug wrench, spoke wrench, 3 jets (160 and 170MJ and a 40PJ) and the yamaha tips and practice guide.