HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
directconnection

My WR 400 is missing the throttle stop!

5 posts in this topic

As the subject says... I noticed that one of the previous owners of my bike totally removed the throttle stop. How bad is this not being there? I just recently performed the grey wire mod, yet they did the throttle stop removal and also reverted to YZ timing. Kinda worried now about not having the rev limiter with no throttle stop. (and not checking valve clearances which could cause valve float and crash valves)

Steve

Not having one doesn't affect the rev limiter. Just go buy one for a yzf, not having one just lets the slide travel up to far. ...if anything it would only effect wide open jetting.

You need a stop, otherwise, I beleive the wheels on the "car" slide will top out and break, then the engine will ingest them. "Get er done" and get one in! :thumbsup:

You need a stop, otherwise, I beleive the wheels on the "car" slide will top out and break, then the engine will ingest them. "Get er done" and get one in! :awww:

Yeah, what he said. :thumbsup: Do a search for 'broken slides', there are plenty of people here that have had their slides 'top out' and shatter, due to no throttle stop, or a throttle stop cut too short. :devil:

hello

I ve also had the stop completely removed by previous.. :thumbsup:, do you know what length should the stop be or what length is the YZ stop

thats from the off road.com

4. You need to cut or grind about 8.5 millimeters off of the stop to make it 12mm long. The best way to insure you're taking off the correct amount is to open the throttle wide open and measure the distance from the base of where the stop was removed to where the roller stops. After it's been shortened, checked and rechecked, reinstall it.

is that it?(400 - 98)